For the sake of my memory, I thought I'd jot down of the fun things that Addie does at this age.
- Loves singing! She has a princess toy that plays some of the Disney princess songs, Addie buzzes through all of them until she gets to The Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World" and belts it out. We also sing the ABC's a lot, Jesus Loves Me, & If You're Happy and You Know It.
- She's got moves you've never seen. I don't know where Addie learned these dance moves, but I hope she wasn't watching me! I probably have a million videos of it on my phone because every day, it cracks me up. We have a lot of dance parties and love burning energy this way before bedtime.
- Talk about mother-in-training. Cayden never goes a minute without some attention: his sister is constantly bringing him toys, kissing his head, rubbing his back and talking to him. I hope they stay this way forever.
- One smart cookie. We are always amazed how we can say or do something one time, but how Addie always seems to catch it and repeats. She is learning her colors, shapes, numbers and letters. Our little lady loves puzzles of all sorts and matching games.
- Little Michelangelo. This girl is contantly coloring with crayons, chalk, or markers. She can be found at her easel or seated at her little table throughout the day, very focused on her current piece of art.
- The Helper. Whether you want help or not, Addie is constantly dragging her chairs and step stool around to "assist" with whatever is going on. Doing your make-up? She's there. Changing diapers? Addie is all.over.it. Chopping veggies? You better keep an eye on that knife! Sometimes I try to get something done really quick and hear the inevitable noise of her chair being dragged across the floor.
- Athlete in the making. Though Addie isn't especially rambunctious for a toddler, she is super active. Our mornings are filled with making forts and jumping in them, doing workout videos, playing basketball, going down the slide, driving cars around, and chasing each other or Mia. All inside. We cannot wait for summer!
- Too busy to eat. This girl has a sweet tooth, just like her mama. But when she isn't being bribed with snacks or treats, she is usually too busy to stop and eat. In fact, meats & veggies are really hard to get into that tummy! In addition to sugar, Addie loves fruits, smoothies, PB&Js and pretty much any carb.
- Other favorites - Bathtime, follow-the-leader, playing with friends, frosting cookies, emptying dresser during naptime, dressing up in rainboots, playing with dolls, watching movies, and of course, the Ipad.
Here are some 2 year pictures from our sweet friend, Gina Zeidler! And be sure to check out her blog here.