Our baby girl turned 2 months this past weekend, we can't believe has fast it has gone! It has been so much fun seeing her personality develop. She interacts more and more each day, here are some highlights/developments of the 2nd month:
- First of all, Adelyn Grace melts both of our hearts every day. That little smile gets me tearing up at least once a week. The powerful little smirk can turn the worst morning into the best moment of the week. She greets her mommy and daddy with smiles daily, it is the absolute best thing.
- Addie is mastering her eyes. She follows things as they move now and will even watch her mom and dad across the room! She loves laying on her back and looking up at her jungle gym, that thing can keep her mesmerized for hours. We are both relieved to see the amount of time she spends cross-eyed decreasing.
- This girl's rolls are multiplying. She is one healthy little chump. Moving out of her newborn clothing she is now able to sport the 3 month size.
- March 29th marked Addie's first day of daycare. I was such a wreck but she did so well! The 29th will go down as my all-time fasted drive home from work.
- The weather has been great for walks. Adelyn prefers the pouch to the jogging stroller at this point, so mom is using it as an excuse to walk instead of run. Yes, we take the 4-legged furry "sister" with us most of the time.
- Sunday was Addie's first Easter. She got a bunch of books from the Easter bunny, and some gifts/cards from her grandparents. I captured a smile in one of the 100 pictures I took!
...the other 99 looked like this.
- Bryan is already wrapped about those chubby little fingers. Whether we are visiting relatives or at home, whenever he enters a room his eyes first scan for his baby girl. No matter who has her, he walks by to look her in the eyes and rub her back a bit.
- The little stinker is terrible at sleeping in her crib...or in her bassinet...or anywhere besides the big bed and her bouncy chair. We were hoping that daycare would be the ones to retrain her of this, but last time I went to pick her up she was sleeping soundly in their bouncy chair. Nuts. Speaking of sleeping, Addie conks out for 5 to 7 hours over the night - whoo hoo! She is never too keen on going back to bed after or 4 or 5AM feeding but she doesn't mind laying there talking to herself while we try and snag a couple extra Z's.
That being said, Mia loves the bassinet.
- Lastly, our baby girl has got some legs on her! She has been able to hold her own weight for a few weeks now. She even likes to fool people into thinking she can walk. I credit the pregnancy running :)
Things change every day, we will be back soon with more Addie updates!
- Melissa, on behalf of The Pearson clan.