Thursday, September 26, 2013

To Grasp Eternity

This past week I started back up at work. The adjustment has put me into a sentimental state. I find myself watching pictures of my dear family shuffle across my computer desktop and my heart feels full.  But at the same time, things begin to feel a bit overwhelming.

As I adjust to balancing work life and home life, I'm not worried about meeting the physical needs of my home or children, but this job as a parent goes so much deeper than that. I find myself reading a quick devotion on my phone while feeding Cayden and I am in awe in my responsibilities.  I've been entrusted with the eternity of my little loves.  Eternity. 

Now don't get me wrong, I know that I accomplish nothing for the Kingdom apart from the work of Jesus. I am completely incapable of giving my children the gift of eternal life. But. I'm at the frontlines.  I am fighting for their salvation by teaching them, setting an example for them, and bringing the joy of Christ into our home always. 

As an imperfect being I don't have it all figured out. In fact, I know I'm falling short in many areas as a mother and a Christian. But with God's grace, a footprint is still being left.  And each morning I intend to let it all sink in again.  Each day I can start by remembering my complete dependence on my Savior. And each day this body will breathe prayers for these little souls entrusted to me.

Photo Credits to Gina at http://ginazeidler.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment