Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mom Friends

My heart is so full today. It is almost bursting at the seams. These last several days have been incredibly rich with great conversations and time with friends. On my way home from a moms group this morning I found myself thinking about the "mom friends" that I have and feeling so utterly grateful.

In this day when life is constantly uploaded to social media, it can create a pressure to portray the perfect family, child, home, and life.  But this is real life. Perfection isn't anywhere to be found and it shouldn't be the end goal. For me, the best way to keep things in perspective is to connect with real women. I still check and use Instagram & Facebook, but those aren't the places I go for wisdom or encouragement - I go to my mom friends. I go to my Biblestudy. I go to my journal. And I drop down on my knees. That is real life. That is what really fills my heart.

My hope for whomever is reading this, is that you have those friends or that family. That you get to live life with real people, in real time, with real problems. I hope that your heart is filled up with fruitful relationships and purpose. And if its not? Don't open an app. Make a phone call. You can do it. It will be totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment