Monday, April 27, 2015

It's All About Jesus.

When I first considered transitioning to be a stay at home mom I was anxious that I'd be bored. Work had always been a good outlet for me and I've always been one to enjoy having a full plate. A plate with a large pasta meal. And a huge chicken breast. And an entire bag of frozen broccoli. Oh, and a glass of wine to go with.  You get what I'm sayin'? 

Well, as with many things, I was completely wrong. Life is so full right now - with some part-time work (more coming on that soon), a house remodel, and managing our children without childcare - things have been busy.  Going through these changes has made us really think about how we want to delegate our resources, where we want to spend our time and what is most important to us.

This morning I sat down to read my Bible (which I had waited far too long to do) and enjoy some coffee before the kids were awake. My passage today was 1 John 2:15-17 - want a summary?  Its all about Jesus. We live in this world, we own houses and work jobs, but We and Those Things are all about Jesus. Or at least they should be. 

This is a text that I've read a million times but it spoke to me differently at this time in life. Isn't it great how scripture can do that? If you're at a time in your life where you are making changes or recalibrating, I encourage you to take some time to think and pray over 1 John, it will do wonders for your soul.

And alas, I'm hearing "banana!" and "crackers!" being shouted from room #3...I think someone is up and ready for breakfast. This momma better get to work!







1 comment: